The gray and charcoal layers, covering the morning sky and the dense, dark green coniferous cover of southeastern Connecticut, unleashed claps of rain and thunder. Underground hug condensation posters, like the campfire clogs of a large number of camp fires, are wrapped up.
New London, located on the banks of the River Thames and proudly displaying its heritage of preserved, historic buildings, was founded in 1646 by John John Winthrop, a major port. By 1834 having 30 ships and some 900 working fleets, it had become the third largest Whaling port after New Bedford and Nantucket, and today is a small shipping hub. Buses carry passengers in front of the train station, which is gently curved. , a parallel river crossing both the Amtrak and Metro North trains, and the port serves as the Cross Sound Ferry Company & # 39; s water gate to Block Island and Long Island, with its huge, steel ramps that release cars and trucks for tens of hours each. Although at 2:00 pm on August 2. Orienting at 00, Orient Poe had left the airport at that high-speed port, however, at 3am. The vehicles that were ordered to leave at 00 were already occupied in many routes.
A privately owned and operated sister-and-sister team of Adam and Jessica Vronsovsky in New London, headquartered in New London, has set up Cross Sound Ferry to bypass the geographic challenges posed by Long Island and Connecticut. Separated by the East River and Long Island, Long Island extends more than 110 miles from New York, its northern shore roughly parallel to the southern shore of Connecticut, however, only the two adjacent territories are connected. Depending on the personality and neighborhood, he theoretically had to drive 100 to 200 miles on two easily concealed arteries – the Long Island Highway and Interstate 95 to reach his destination.
To eliminate these shortcomings, Cross Sound Ferry opened scheduled, passenger and vehicle service in 1975 between Orient Point and New London, Connecticut's East End and Orient Point and New London, Connecticut: for the first time faking the vitally needed ring.
Many factors, including the increase in population of Long Island and the population, the growth of the Eastern Grape Park, the creation of Connecticut and Foxwoods and the Mohegan Sun Casino Complex, as well as the frequent obstructions to traffic, have led to a surge in traffic each and every time. 23 trips daily and over one million passengers a year.
It operates through a convoy of eight ships.
The Caribbean Basin, which is 128 feet long and employs 1,440 horsepower, was built in 1972 in Blount Marine Warren, Rhode Island, the Caribbean Archipelago and the West Indies, but acquired from Cross Sound five years later. Seating 130 passengers and 22 vehicles, it was re-equipped in 1995 with a new pilot's home and unloading ramp.
The North Star, built in 1968 in Morgan City, Louisiana, to serve as an offshore supply vessel, was acquired in 1984 and converted for current use by the Eastern Navy in Panama City, Florida. The 188-horsepower, 168-foot-long vessel accommodates 300 passengers and 35 cars.
The 260-foot-long New London, similar to the North Star with its universal, extended, bare deck, was built in 1979 by the New London Thames Shipyard and Repair Company, but was rebuilt in 1992 by an upper cabin in 1992 and two years later. 2,400 horsepower on the Cummins KTA38-M2 diesel engine, providing up to 15 hp. To do so is only one of three ships in the fleet. Locating the same number of passengers as the North Star, it offers enough deck space for almost double the size of its cars, or 60.
The 840-passenger, 80-car 250-foot Susan Anne, built in 1964, began her life as Prince Nova, operating a freight service between the Caribbean, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. In 1998, Cross Sound acquired the Thames Shipyard and Repair Company in a widely modified form with a new passenger compartment, airline style and booth seats, hydraulic lift decks, upgraded engine room systems, new electrical equipment and improved propulsion. Now with a 4,600-horsepower GM turbocharged diesel engine, the round-trip ferry also reaches 15 knots.
Mary Ellen, built in 1983 and acquired 20 years later, is 260 feet long and carries 800 passengers and 85 cars. Created with 3,100 horsepower, it is the third to reach speeds of 15 knots.
The largest in size at 327 feet and the most marvelous historic ship in the world, Cape Hennlopen was built in 1941 as an eff ectsvilleville town in Indiana, Indiana. for which it won a combat star. In 1966, turning into a civilian car as a passenger car ferry, it served Lewis, Delaware, Cape May, New Jersey, a route until it was acquired by Cross Sound 17 years later. In 1995, the cargo ship with an EMD 12-645 diesel engine carrying 900 hp carries 900 passengers and 90 cars at a speed of 12.5 hp.
The Sea Jet I, designed by InCat Australia and built by the Nichols Brothers Shipyard in Seattle, Washington, 1989, is the fastest and only clean passenger ship in the Navy. Prior to its acquisition in 1995, the 122-foot-long, piercing catamaran, with 5,000 horsepower and maritime dynamics floated, waited for three routes: Boston-Nantucket, Mid-Hawaii, and San Diego. Catalina Island. Its 400 passengers, stationed on two deck airline seats, mute at 30 knots for 40 minutes.
The only major power for the Cross Sound system is the m / v John H, the only specially designed ferry intended to operate 3. Departure from 00 to Orient St. Built in 1989 by the Panama City East Sea Shipping Company, the 240-foot-long, 60-foot-long beam and ten-foot ornament is the largest classified by the US Coast Guard. T regulations that are validated for the operation of lakes, pools and sounds.
Delivered on June 22, 1989, the 98-ton steel ferry has a double-deck automatic deck designed for 120 cars; front and bar; Cross Sound Deli Secondary Cabin; capable cabin and playground; and upper deck with outer seat for 1000 passengers. Flat screen TVs are positioned all over the area.
Recently equipped with a cleaner combustible, lower nitrogen oxide, 3,000 horsepower diesel engine, it reaches a speed of 13 knots. Its call sign is WAC 6768.
Swallowing many trucks and flatbed trucks crossing boarding lanes and into their hollow, main deck, m / v John H retracts the ramp under its hydraulic action and frustrates himself from the hull of Connecticut almost with its low, vibrating eyebrows.
Turning over the dark blue of the Times River, it headed to New London Harbor, the east coast & # 39; The most accessible, deep-water port due to its proximity to the Atlantic Ocean and passed to General Dynamics Electric Boat Shipyard, located east of Groton. It is one of only two locations in the United States where nuclear submarines are built and serviced.
When sailing for two miles, the ship crossed a rocky point on the west side of the River Thames, marking its entrance and guarded by light at the port of New London. The result of an increase in seaside traffic, the lighthouse was originally built in 1761 on a 64-foot stone tower above a wooden lantern, replacing a temporary lighthouse in the mid-1700s.
Replaced twice in 1801 with a 89-foot stone tower and cast iron lantern after two years ago a large crack weakened the structure, the octagonal brown lighthouse, the fourth in North America and the first in Long Island Sound, ranked # Connecticut. 39: ; the oldest and one of the first to provide illuminating illumination. The guard house and 39th house added in 1863 were enlarged at the beginning of the century.
Training in the steady warning light of the white and red segments, the Port of New London continues to be an active aid to navigation today, warning of dangerous Sarah Lodge ships.
As well as serving as a first-generation GPS roadblock, the lighthouse became one of the first talks to begin on the Lern-Sound Sound ferry route that has now entered. The beautiful red brick of New London Ledge Light, which had a granite roof and granite details, slowly moved across the harbor, marking the port and entrance.
Traffic created by Sparked by Revolution Revolution, for which the port of New London was considered insufficient, invisible, out of reach and overwhelmed by footwear, and dictated by Connecticut homeowners who wanted to preserve the area & # 39; Uniform in its style of the Second French Empire, it was built in 1901 by Hamilton R. New London. By Douglas Company. It was one of the last beacons built in New England.
28 days before submerging in water, his cradle was wiped off the site and filled with concrete and cufflinks, and a 50-meter-high concrete elevation that was 18 meters high was raised above it. The three levels of windows represented an equal amount of taxes. The cast-iron lantern, originally sporting four-class Fresnel lenses and incandescent bulbs, rose from the roof. In 1911, a fog signal was added. His light consisted of a red and triple white spots at 30 seconds interval. In 1987, it became the last beacon of Long Island Sound to automate.
The 13th H, guarding 13 nodes, crossed over to Fishers Island.
Gothic Renaissance Race Rock Lighthouse is based on a round base that soon moved to the left. The mini-mansion on the western outskirts of the island singled out an unhealthy area whose small cliffs of rot, penetrating 70 feet of water, caused numerous ships and collisions. It was first lit on January 1, 1879.
Caused by dirty white clouds and the almost invisible invisibility of Long Island Sound mirrored invisibility somewhere between New London and Orient-Pink, John John H maintained a 13-track motion with barely recorded motion. it was only verifiable. waking up cold it turned. But the thin pencil line marking its origin and destination seemed to be equal between its severity and its bow. Strong winds, trying to counteract the moisture of the soup and the heat of sulfur, were only marginal victories. Long Island Sound itself, which borders Weststter County, New York and the Bronx to the west and the Orient Point and Plum, Gull and Fishers islands to the east, measuring 90 miles is three to 20 miles wide, resulting in a 1,180-square-mile, semi-circular area that is a sandwich between the East River and Block Island Sound. It was part of the Atlantic International Waterway.
Its basin, formed by initial ice flows, was lowered as a result of two glacial advances, increasing its water depth by more than 100 feet and turning it into a saline, atmospheric ocean from fresh water, non-mangrove lakes.
The mouth of the Connecticut River, located in Old Saybrook, is emptied of sound, while much of its drainage, along with the Hopatonic and Thames rivers, quickly flows into its open eastern suburbs through a drainage basin that has been almost 13 times. its territory.
Its waters are rich in blue fish, lobster, shrimp, fats, oysters, and its watershed supports about eight million people.
/ In the front lobby of H's, passengers were drinking alcoholic beverages, while others were eating a snack or a late dinner at Cross Sound Deli. Watching and reading television prevailed in the back, and a handful of beams and winds blazed over the open deck above.
The Gully Islands, located seven miles northeast of the Orient-Pine and midnight between the Plum and Fisher Islands, were steadily moving toward the port.
Once a military stronghold, Great Gul was a wildlife research station after the American Museum of Natural History founded it in 1948 to study migratory rivers.
Acquired by Samuel Willis in 1659, Little Gull, passing through several owners, eventually acquired the government's hands for his $ 1803, $ 800 acquisition to build a lighthouse on an optimally square one. Except for the existing rock-clad bases, all the building materials required for it had to be transported by sea to the island.
The 59-foot tower, which consisted of free-lance training courses and a wooden, spiral, lamp-stopping interior, was commissioned in 1805, and a separate one and a half floors, wooden guard and 39th-floor quarters contained two rooms. at one level and one at the top. A circular, 100-foot-diameter, 11-foot-thick stone wall designed for storm protection was subsequently added in the summer of 1817.
A larger, 81-foot lantern, built in 1867 on five-foot-thick brick walls, replaced the earlier structure and was replaced by a wood and granite guard three years later. Second-class Fesnel lenses were first used in December 1869.
Completing 177 years of attendance, the station switched to automation in 1978.
Arc on H. entered the left turn into the current deep blue water reflecting the blue sky of the dust, / On H. entered a "race" that was designated because it often exceeded five tidal water currents, which combined with strong winds and heavy seas for dangerous creeks. Punching the white gray hats with his bow, he saw it on his longitudinal axis.
Salu Villas was purchased in 1659 by Samuel Wells in 1659 from Wyandanch, Montauk Sachem. In 1775 it was the site of a two-way landing by the mainland troops, led by General David Vooster, so that they could thwart possible British cattle raids, while a coastal artillery was built more than a century later, in 1899; During the Spanish-American War. Always taking on a defensive role, it maintained Long Island Sound and New York Harbor during two world wars that peaked around 1,000 soldiers, the remnants of which included small batteries and the brick districts in which they were stationed. Using some of the old officers & # 39; Until 1984, the US Department of Agriculture set up a laboratory there.
The 40 foot, coarse stone tower, with a dozen reflecting lanterns on the island, was the first lighthouse of 1827, a year after the Richard Jer Jerom sold three of its 840 acres to the US government. Replaced in 1869 by a 23-foot high, two-story, granite and almost church-like structure, it marked the western point with traditionally treacherous waters.
Em-H, passing through barely audible moisture, passed through the harbor of Salor Gut, a black and white Paros lighthouse on the east of the flare-perceived rocks, located just after the point it was named and indicated at an impending arrival.
Built between 1898-1899 for the completion of the Oyster Point Reef and shipping guide to Salor Gout & # 39; Through dangerous currents, the lighthouse consisting of curved, cast-iron plates that were fastened together to form a reduced cone rested on a circular, concrete-covered 21 beam diameter and a brick exterior. He himself used a rocky part of Oyster Point. The 64-foot structure, often referred to as a "coffee pot" because of its appearance, listed it five degrees to the southeast. It was automated in 1966.
Նվազեցնելով արագությունը և դրա արթնացման արդյունքում առաջացած փիրուզագույն շրջապատի համապատասխան չափը, լաստանավը մեկնել է Լոնգ-Այլենդ Սունդ ՝ անցնելով Գարդիներների & # 39; ծոցով, նախքան ճիշտ, վերջնական մոտեցումը նախաձեռնելով դեպի Հյուսիսային պատառաքաղի ծայրը, մեկնում, Կոնեկտիկուտ – սահմանակից Մերի Էլենին, մարզելով իր երկու ունիվերսալ, ոսկե և սև պատյանները, շրջանցելով m / v John H & # 39; s աղեղը ձախ կամարի վրա, երբ անցնում էր Orient Point Lighthouse- ը: Նավարկումից առաջ մնաց ևս մեկ փարոս «ճանապարհային կետ» ՝ Orient Long Beach Bar Light- ը, որը նշում էր մուտքը Օրիենթի նավահանգիստ:
Պտուտակված է պտուտակային կույտային հարթակի վրա, որն ինքնին թափանցել էր ավազի տասը ոտնաչափ ավազի վրա & # 39; ներքևի մասում, 60 ոտնաչափ բարձրությամբ կառուցվածքը վերևում էր հինգերորդ կարգի ոսպնյակներ `ֆիքսված կարմիր լույսով, իսկ փայտաշերտ, երկակի: -պառիկ պահապաններ & # 39; տունը ծածկված էր մանսարդ տանիքով:
Ձմռան ընթացքում նրա բծախնդրությամբ ոտքերը հաճախ ծածկվում էին երկու ոտքով հաստ սառույցով: Օրինակ ՝ 1824 թվականին, նա պոկեց նավահանգիստը, իսկ 1881-ին կոտրեց իր օդաչուների երեք և գրեթե բոլոր փակագծերը:
Ավազաքարը, գնալով հեռու մնալով լապտերից, ի վերջո այն ավելորդ էր դարձնում, և 1963-ին այն ամբողջովին ոչնչացվել էր հրկիզման միջոցով:
Մինչև 1990 թվականը բնօրինակի աշխատանքային եռապատիկը, որն անվանվել էր «վրիպակ լույս», քանի որ այն նման էր ջրի վրա քայլող մի վրիպակի, կառուցվել և բեռնաթափվել էր դեպի այն վայրը, որտեղ այն կռունկ էր հավաքված: Երեք տարի անց վերահսկվելով ԱՄՆ-ի առափնյա պահպանության կողմից, այն կրկին նշանակվել է պաշտոնական նավիգացիոն օգնություն:
Աշխատելով շարժվելով նավահանգիստով ՝ m / v John H- ն դադարեցրեց շարժումը ՝ բացելով իր առջևի բերանը, բերանի նման տանիքի թեքահարթակը և վերակենդանացնելով իրեն ՝ վայրէջք կատարելով 16,5 մղոն հեռավորության վրա գտնվող Long Island Sound խաչմերուկից ՝ իր բազմաթիվ փարոսներով, և խայտառակեց շքերթը տրանսպորտային միջոցները իր խոռոչով ձգվում են դեպի Օրիենթ Փինթը, Սաութոլդ քաղաքի արևելյան ամենահին թաղամասը և Հյուսիսային պատառաքաղի դարպասը, խաղողի այգիները, ագարակները և Գրենպորտի ծովային ծովային գյուղը: